Monday, November 8, 2010

Panoramic Pics

So I just wanted to put up a quick thing on a neat tool that I found the other day. Its a tool to make panoramic pictures from a series of digital shots.

I really enjoy hiking and I usually bring my camera along with me. The only thing that frustrates me about taking pictures of hikes is that I can never really capture the scenery around me. I think that it should be that way and that is one of the reasons I continue to hike because you can't get the full experience just from the pictures, but I have been looking for some way to make panoramic photos from some of the pictures that I have taken.

So I searched the web to find some type of free software to do that and this is what I found:
Panoramic Plus Starter Edition
It is free software provided by Serif. It is mainly free so that you will buy the better edition. This video is for the newest edition. The starter edition does not have this many features but it does have the same basic set up.


I shared in class how the starter edition works. It walks you through everything which is nice.
Here are some pictures that I stitched together: