Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Critical Mass

So I would like to make a plug here for one of the coolest things ever. Most of you I am sure are familiar with what a flash mob is. Critical Mass is a cousin to flash mobs. It is slightly more organized and has something of a purpsoe behind it whereas flash mobs do not fall into that catigorie. I guess it is kinda like the concept of a square being a rectangle but a rectangle is not always a square. Anyways I will explain how it works and connects people for a great cause.

So basically what Critical Mass is when a ton of people on bicycles get together and ride the streets to improve awareness of bike riders ans their use of city streets. It really is a great cause and on top of that it is tons of fun. I love bike riding and riding with a couple hundred people and mobbing the streets make it even better.

Heres a quick video of Critical Mass in San Fransisco.



So really quick to make one more plug. None of this would be possible if it were not for the internet that connects all of us. It would be next to impossible to organize an impromptu event like Critical Mass if it were not for the internet and its ability to connect people.

I found out about Critical Mass because one of my friends invited me to the Facebook event for the Provo area. So I brought some friends and loved it. I would never have found out if it weren't for Facebook. I am not trying to say that Facebook is the end all but it is a great tool along with other social networks that connect people in ways that were not possible before.

2 comments:

Sarah Wills said...

Did the event for Provo already occur?

Dalton said...

Critical Mass happens on the first Friday of every month here in Provo. 5:30 in front of City Hall.

Post a Comment